Join us as we bring you our take on a number of news stories we consider within our purview. In this edition for June 18, 2017 we find that over half of Canadians believe that religion is a force for harm and we wonder what the hell is wrong with the rest; a new creationist dinosaur museum opened this weekend in Innisfail, Alberta where no expense regarding historical accuracy was spared, including a laser tag facility themed with an ancient city being invaded by dinosaurs; in Ontario, a court rules that students no longer have to provide a reason for opting out of religion classes in Catholic schools; and in The Regressive Left Files… indigenous peoples of some 189 countries petition a United Nations committee to make cultural appropriation illegal. Lastly, we look at lawsuits from both pro and con sides of medical assistance in dying in Canada that can only be traced to crappy federal legislation. But first, welcome back Twyla!
Long-time friend Shane Plesiuk joins us to talk about religion and atheism in Calgary’s gay community and share his thoughts on a number of stories in this episode of the Legion of Reason Diversion, including:
- the despicable witch hunt of Bret Weinstein at so-called progressive Evergreen State College;
- faux pas by comedienne Kathy Griffin and comedian Bill Maher;
- Islamic apologist Linda Sarsour speaks at the commencement ceremony at CUNY;
- Denmark abolishes its blasphemy law (ahem, Justin Trudeau…);
- things women put in their vaginas;
- and we finish with some thoughts on the London terror attacks.